Pine is an evergreen tree that grows to a height of 3-80 m. It belongs to the family of Pinaceae. This is a resinous tree that usually grows in calcareous & acidic soils. The wood pulp, seeds, nuts, outer bark and timber are of great used commercially. Twigs with buds are used for the extraction of oil.
Brief History of Pine Oil:
In ancient times the oil was considered to offer the blessing on the eve of Christmas and was also used in the decoration purpose during the eve. It is used in the preparation of Alternative & Complementary medicine and for household cleaning.
• In earlier days it was used for treating pulmonary & respiratory health conditions.
• This was often used in the manufacturing of furniture, panels, particle board, building frames, internal flooring, etc.
• All across Europe, this was used to treat muscular pain, arthritis, disinfectants and other related health issues.
• It was also used for manufacturing of bath toiletries, air-fresheners, soaps and detergents.
It is used for reducing inflammation, protects against infections due to sinus, cures psoriasis, fights viral as well as fungal infections, clears phlegm and stimulates functioning of the body and mind.
Blends well with:
Pine essential oil goes well with Tea Tree, Rosemary, Ravensara, Citronella, Cedarwood,Coiander, Clary Sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, bergamot, Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon Grapefruit, Niaouli, Neroli, Myrrh, Marjoram, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Thyme and Peppermint.
General Precautionary Measures!
• The oil may cause skin irritation therefore one must go through skin patch test before its topical application.
• Avoid using Pine Oil without the supervision of a doctor or certified healthcare provider.
• Pregnant and the nursing lady should consult their doctor prior using the oil.
Botanical Name : Pinus sylvestris
CAS# : 2228957
Color & Odor : Colourless to pale yellow
F.E.M.A. # : N/A
Methods of Extraction : Steam Distillation
Constituents : a-terpineol
Solubility : Insoluble in water
Specific Gravity : @ 20°C: 0.860 – 0.890
Flash Point : 36 °F
Optical Rotation : -33 to [email protected] °C
Major Constituents : a-terpineol