Onion, a perennial herb, belongs to family of Amaryllidaceae plant kingdom. While bulb of the plant is above the roots and is edible, leaves are hollow, and the flowering stem is also found above the roots. The flowers are white in color and grow in spherical cluster.
Brief History of Onion oil:
The origin of Onion seeds dates back to the Mediterranean region which later on was cultivated in many parts of Egypt and Saudi Arabia. The oils obtained from this was used for curing many diseases and keeps people healthy and fit.
During ancient times, people from Egypt used this excellent oil for preserving sacred items in the tombs.
• It is used to boost the functioning of digestive system as well as the immune system that cure many health issues.
• The oil is known to cure mild fever, diarrhoeal and body-aches.
• It is used for its anti-fungal as well as anti-bacterial properties that also speed-up wound healing process.
• This oil treats asthma and many other respiratory tract infections.
Blends well with:
Onion seed essential oil goes well with Sage, Thyme, Garlic, Oregano and Rosemary.
General Precautionary Measures!
• This may cause interference in anticoagulant medicines and can obstruct blood clotting process.Therefore, proper precautions should be taken while using this.
• Perform a skin-patch test before applying to the actual site on the skin to treat any ailment.
• Do not forget to dilute the oil with carrier oil before applying it on the skin.
Botanical Name : Allium Cepa h
CAS# : 8002-72-0
Color & Odor : N/A
F.E.M.A. # : N/A
Methods of Extraction : Steam Distilled
Constituents : sulphocompound
Solubility : in soluble in water
Specific Gravity : 1.04-1.14
Flash Point : 82°C
Optical Rotation : N/A
Major Constituents : sulphocompound