Scientifically known as Dromaius Novaehallandiae, an Emu is a flightless bird found in Australia. They are brown in color, have soft feathers, with long legs and necks. The growing popularity of the healthy emu meat and emu oil, the bird is also found in other parts of the world.
Overview of Emu Oil
Emu oil is rich yellow oil prepared from the fat of the emu bird. This oil is collected from the fat deposits underneath the skin. Imbued with antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, this oil is used to treat skin conditions since ages.
Benefits of Emu Oil
• Being anti-inflammatory in nature, Emu Oil treats inflammation of the joints, muscles, arthritis and more.
• As this oil gets absorbed easily in the skin, it makes the skin soft and supple.
• This essential oil helps in fighting the signs of aging like wrinkles, dark spots, etc.
• The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties in this oil help in quick healing of the small wounds.
• Expecting or lactating women must have a word with their doctor before going for this oil.
• There are chances of skin irritation if this essential oil is applied directly as an ointment. Therefore, always go for skin patch test before direct use.