Cypress is a tall, narrow coniferous tree with slender branches. It belongs to the Cupressaceae family and has a height of about 75-147 feet. The tree has small, round flowers and brownish grey cones. The coniferous tree is native to Australia. The tree is scientifically called Callitris Intratropica.
Overview of Cypress Essential Oil
Encouraging vitality and improving powerful feelings, Cypress essential oil is used for its scented and other newsworthy benefits. When used in aromatherapy, this essential oil produces a fresh fragrance that has an exhilarating and grounding outcome on the feelings. Due to the Cypress essential oil’s energizing scent and surprising skin benefits, it is normally used in spas and in massage therapies.
Benefits of Cypress Essential Oil
• Cypress essential oil cures cuts, wounds, and abrasions due to the presence of camphene.
• The antispasmodic quality in this essential oil treats muscular cramps and pulls.
• This oil being diuretic helps in flushing out the toxins and excess salts from the body.
• The astringent properties present in this oil helps to promote blood clotting and stop excessive blood flow.
• This essential oil clears the phlegm collected in the respiratory tract and lungs due to cold, cough, bronchitis, etc.
Blends well with
Cypress essential oil goes well with Rosemary, Clary sage, Bergamot, Lime. Lemon, Lavender, Juniper berry Frankincense, Sandalwood Marjoram and Wid Orange.
• The usage of this essential is not recommended for pregnant women.
• Using this oil for internal purposes is dangerous.
• Go for skin patch test before applying this essential oil on skin.
• Dilute this oil with carrier oil prior using it for external purposes.