Cyclamen is a European perennial plant having a tuber from which the roots and the flowers grow. The leaves of this plant crop up in autumn, grow during winter and die with the onset of the spring season. The Cyclamen plant bears bright pink, red, purple or white flowers. These plants grow in the Alps, the Mediterranean area and other mountain forests. The scientific name of this plant is Cyclamen Europaeum L and it belongs to Primrose family.
Overview of Cyclamen Essential Oil
Cyclamen Essential Oil is extracted from the flower of the Cyclamen plant by the process of steam distillation. The pleasant aroma of this essential oil has made it a core element in perfumes, soaps, and cosmetics.
Benefits of Cyclamen Essential Oil
• The antiseptic properties in this essential oil help to treat insect bites and wounds.
• It is an effective remedy to treat respiratory illnesses like cold, cough, etc.
• This oil is great in treating digestive problems like indigestion, flatulence, etc.
• This essential oil is not meant for children below six years of age.
• Pregnant and nursing women must avoid the consumption of this essential oil.
• In case of sensitive skin, avoid using Cyclamen Essential Oil.