The coconut plant belongs to the family Arecaceae and has a life span of approximately 100 years. The plant has single trunk whose bark is grey-colored and smooth in appearance. Its trunk is 20-30m tall and is marked by ringed scars. The leaves are pinnately arranged and have bright green leaflets.
An Overview of Coconut Virgin Carrier Oil:
Coconut Carrier Oil is medium-chain fatty acids that possess excellent antimicrobial properties due to which it can be used in the preparation of skincare products. The oil is thick due to the presence of high saturated fat in it and appears thick. It melts quickly as soon as this is applied and can be used after mixing with other oils.
• It has excellent therapeutic properties due to which it can be used for curing heart diseases, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease, thyroid problem, Alzheimer’s disease and much more.
• It can be used to lower cholesterol level.
• This oil is also used as a moisturizer and can be used to treat eczema, psoriasis and other skin-related problems.
• Coconut Carrier Oil should not be used by pregnant lady without consulting to the doctor.
• Those allergic to coconut should avoid using this carrier oil.
Botanical Name : Cocus nucifera
CAS# : 65381-09-1
Color & Odor : White in color, Characteristic of coconut
F.E.M.A. # : N/A
Methods of Extraction : Cold Pressed
Constituents : Polyphenols
Solubility : Insoluble in water. Soluble in oil and ethanol
Specific Gravity : 0.940-0.960 @ 20°C
Flash Point : >200
Optical Rotation : -70 to -80
Major Constituents : Polyphenols