Variety: Clary Sage Oil
Clary Sage Oil is obtained from fresh flowers through steam distillation process. Owing to its excellent properties such as relaxing as well as calming, Clary Sage Oil is widely used for different purposes.
Clary Sage belongs to the member of Lamiaceae family. Clary Sage Oil belongs of Genus Salvia and is cultivated in the Russia and France. The flower of Clary Sage plants looks like lupines that are pink, blue, purple and cream in color. It has leaves that appears hairy and is used for the extraction of natural essential oils via the steam distillation process. Undoubtedly, Clary Sage is a native of Southern Europe, however it is now cultivated all over the world.
A Brief History of Clary Sage Oil
• Clary Sage Oil has acquired its named from the Latin word ‘Clarus” that means ‘Cleansing” or “Clarifying.
• The plant of Clary Sage grows at a very high altitude.
• Going back to the history, seeds of Clary Sage plants were thought to be highly effective for improving the eyes sight.
• For its medicinal benefits, Clary Sage Oil is also known as ‘Woman’s Oil’ as it effectively helps in helping woman with various hormonal issues.
• Nicholas Culpeper in the 17th century made use of Clary Sage against skin infections along with a mixture of boiled leaves with vinegar and honey.
• During middle Ages, Clary Sage was used to treat digestive, uterine and other problems in the body.
• During ancient time, Clary Sage Oil was used to enhance immune system, reduce inflammation caused due to eczema, calms down digestive disorders and respiratory as well as muscle spasm. Therapeutic benefits
• Known for its amazing therapeutic benefits, Clary Sage Oil is widely used as mental stimulant, antidepressant, anti convulsive, anti-septic and anti-inflammatory agent.
• Clary Sage Oil finds its wide application as astringent, sedative, bactericidal, nerve tonic, etc.
Blends well with
Clary sage oil goes well with Lavender, Neroli, Chamomile Roman, Chamomile German, Cedarwood, Bergamot, Jasmine, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood and Rosewood
General Precautionary Measures!
• When Clary Sage Oil is combined with alcohol, it causes many undesirable effects to users therefore proper precautions should be taken during its application.
• Avoid internal use of Clary Sage Oil.
• Do not apply Clary Sage Oil on sensitive areas and eyes.
• Always apply diluted Clary Sage Oil on skin topically.
• Children, pregnant ladies and nursing mother should not use this essential oil from Clary Sage without consulting their health care provider.