Celery belongs to Apiaceae family of plant that is commonly known as marshland plant. It is a biennial plant with long & fibrous stalk tapering into leaves that are pinnate to bi-pinnate. The seeds of the plant are used for extraction of oil. The plant has a long flowering stem in its second year. Additionally, it also has terminal as well as auxiliary umbels of small & white flowers. This, in the later part of the plant life; turns to fruit that is 1.2 mm in length.
A Brief Description of Celery Seed Oil:
• Celery seed oil is extracted by means of the steam distillation process from the seeds of the plant.
• In India, Ayurvedic physicians made use of celery seeds for indigestion, water retention and joint problems as well as liver and spleen issues.
• In Europe, it was used for muscle & joint pains and gout.
• Greeks & Romans grew this plant for the preparation of medicines.
• They also used this plant to prepare celery wine.
• In the year 1887, North America can to know about celery from France.
• For thousands of years, this was considered to be therapeutic cure for cold, arthritis, edema, digestive problems and flu.
• Historically, it was considered to have diuretic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac and sedative properties.
• It is known to be beneficial for weight loss, boosts digestion & reduces bloating.
• Celery seed oil helps to lower inflammation, fights ulcers and protects from cancer.
• It treats high BP, prevents UTI and protects liver health.
• Being an effective antimicrobial agent, Celery oils are used to fight against infection.
Blends well with:
Celery seed essential oil goes well with Cinnamom Bark, Tea Tree, Clove Bud, Pine, Lovage and Lavender.
General Precautionary Measures!
• It is only for external use.
• Children, nursing mother and breast-feeding women should not use Celery Seed oil unless recommended by certified doctor.
• This should not be used on eyes, mucous membrane or any other sensitive part of the body.
Botanical Name : Apium graveolins
CAS# : 8015-90-5
Color & Odor : Yellowish brown liquid & Warm, fresh and spicy odor
F.E.M.A. # : 2271
Methods of Extraction : Steam Distillation
Constituents : Limonene
Solubility : Soluble in alcohol & water
Specific Gravity : 0.840-0.890
Flash Point : 230 °F
Optical Rotation : +48.00 to +78.00
Major Constituents : Limonene