Variety: Caraway Oil:
Caraway oil consists of organic constituents that are obtained from natural plants and its different parts. This is safe to use as it is extracted via the steam distillation process. It is widely in demand in the preparation of perfumes & soaps in the perfumery industry & soap industry respectively.
The Plant grows to a height of 30-70m in height and is annual or biennial. It has feathery leaves that grow upto 20-30cm high on the stem. The fruit of the plant grows to a height of 2mm that has crescent-shaped achene.
A Brief History of Caraway Oil:
• The usage of Caraway Oils dates back to Stone Age.
• Egyptians used it for flavouring food, Romans for bread-making, Austrians & Germans for cooking purpose.
• Caraway Oil is extracted from ripe and dried fruit that appears as pale yellow in color with an aromatic odor.
• With amazing antimicrobial properties, this oil in combination with peppermint oil is highly in demand in formulation of traditional medicine that is used to treat irritable bowel syndrome.
• The seeds of the Caraway plants have been used to scent clothes & drawers and also to keep moths away when kept in bags.
• Napoleon used a soap that has caraway aroma.
• Till today, this oil finds its application in baking of confectionery and goods.
• In Germany, it is known as Kimmel that is used to flavour liquor.
It exhibits amazing antispasmodic, digestive, astringent, stimulant, and expectorant. Besides, Caraway Oil is also used as tonic, anti-histaminic, disinfectant, carminative, antiseptic and vermifuge.
Blends well with :
Caraway essential oil goes well with Lavender, Basil, Ginger, Frankincense, Orange, Chamomile and Coriander.
General Precautionary Measures!
• Not for internal use, therefore, apply/use only for the external purpose
• Should not use this oil in case you are sensitive to it.
• Children, lactating mothers and pregnant ladies should not use this oil unless recommended by authentic & certified medical representative or doctor.
• Avoid using the oil to eyes, mucous membrane and sensitive areas of the body.
Botanical Name : Carum carvi
CAS# : 8000-42-8
Color & Odor : Yellow liquid & Sweet spicy odor with a slight peppery smell odor
F.E.M.A. # : 2238
Methods of Extraction : Steam Distillation
Constituents : terpinene, ß-sesquiphellandrene, m-cymene
Solubility : Insoluble in water
Specific Gravity : 0.958-0.895
Flash Point : 230 °F
Optical Rotation : +70.00 to +80.00
Major Constituents : terpinene, ß-sesquiphellandrene, m-cymene
There are no reviews yet.