Vernacularly called Cajput or White Samet, Melaleuca Cajeputi is large tree which grows up to 100 ft. This evergreen tree of myrtle family is indigenous to Indonesia. It blooms white, cream or pale yellow coloured flowers at the tip of every branch.
Overview of Cajeput Essential Oil:
Cajeput essential oil is made by extracting oils from fresh leaves and twigs through steam distillation method. The oil is rich in anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, analgesic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which make it a natural substitute to treat severe body disorders.
Benefits of Cajeput Essential Oil:
• Any kind of dental problems like gum disorders, tooth ache, bad breath and sensitivity can be treated with use of Cajeput essential oil.
• When applied during rheumatism, it can alleviate joint or muscle pain.
• It has anti-inflammatory properties and hence can give relief during headache, sprains and minor cuts.
• It protects body from every kind of fungal infection as it has anti-fungal properties.
• Cajeput Essential Oil can also very beneficial during tumours by eliminating harmful toxins from body.
Blends well with:
Cajeput essential oil goes well with Thyme, Cedarwood, Clove Bud, Rosemary,Origanum, Labdanum.
Cajeput essential oil has so many natural properties which make it very safe to be consumed by anyone. However, there are no written proves for it to be safe to consume during pregnancy and lactation time for a women. Therefore, ignoring its use or taking medical advice is advisable.
Botanical Name : Melaleuca cajeputi
CAS# : 8008-98-8
Color & Odor : Yellow clear liquid & Combined fragrances of camphor, rosemary, and cardamom odor.
F.E.M.A. # : 2225
Methods of Extraction : Steam Distillation
Constituents : 1,8-Cineole
Solubility : Soluble in 1:5 vol
Specific Gravity : 0.867-0.921
Flash Point : 215 °F
Optical Rotation : -2.2
Major Constituents : 1,8-Cineole