Botanically known as Cedrus atlantica, Atlas cedar is a subspecies of Lebanon cedar. The coniferous evergreen tree is indigenous to Atlas Mountains of Morocco. It grows up to 30 to 35 m in height.
Overview of Atlas cedar essential oil:
Atlas Cedar Essential Oil is made from wood chips and sawdust that comes during furniture making. It is extracted from steam distillation method. The liquid can vary from golden yellow to orange and is famous for its balsamic aroma.
Benefits of Atlas Cedar Essential Oil:
• Due to its fragrance, it is used in many skin care products like soaps, creams, moisturizers and perfumes.
• Women with menstrual pain can use it for easy and painless menstrual cycle as it contains emmenagogue properties.
• It is beneficial for healthy respiratory system by reliving nasal and lung congestion.
• People with arthritis problem can alleviate pain by using it as massaging oil.
• Taking it on regular intervals helps in reducing fat, harmful toxics and excess water from body.
Blends well with:
Atlas cedar essential oil blends well with Bergamot, Rosewood, Cypress, Cassia, clary sage, Jasmine,Ylang Ylang, vitiver, Frankincense, Neroli and juniper.
Although there is no written proof about any side effect of Atlas Cedar Essential Oil however, a patch test is important before applying it directly. Also, when consumed in high concentrations, it can cause skin irritation issues.
Botanical Name : Cedrus atlantica
CAS# : 8023-85-6
Color & Odor : Golden yellow to orange & Sweet aromatic.
F.E.M.A. # : 8023-85-6
Methods of Extraction : Steam Distillation
Constituents : a-himachalene ,himachalene , ß-himachalen and(E)-a- atlantone
Solubility : Soluble in alcohol & water
Specific Gravity : 0.910-0.339
Flash Point : 215 °F
Optical Rotation : +34 – +54 @ 20°C
Major Constituents a-himachalene ,himachalene , ß-himachalene and (E)-a- atlantone