Armoise also known as Mugwort is a shrub which is harvested in dry grasslands of Mediterranean regions in Northern Africa and Western Asia. It is indigenous to India. The shrub grows up to 20 to 40 cm and its leaves are covered with white glandular hair.
Overview of Armoise essential oil:
Armoise Essential Oil is extracted from twigs and leaves of plant with steam distillation method. Color of liquid is pale yellow and has a strong aroma which makes it reliable to be used in soaps, cosmetics and perfumes.
Benefits of Armoise Essential Oil:
• Armoise Essential Oil helps a person to sleep faster with insomnia and stress issues.
• It can be used for a healthy stomach and proper digestion system by reducing gestural problem.
• It works as substitute for treating rheumatism, neuralgia, and arthritis.
• It has proven rejuvenation and healing benefits which make it ideal to be applied on any wound and minor cut.
• Due to its balsamic fragrance, it is used in the formulations of soaps, perfumes and lotions.
Blends well with:
Armoise Mugwort oil blends well with Rosemary, Clary sage, lavender, Pine , Cedarwood and Patchouli.
Armoise Essential Oil is strictly prohibited to be used by any pregnant woman because it leads to miscarriage as it can start menstruation and contracts the uterus. People who are allergic to birch, daisies and marigolds might experience allergic reactions with Armoise as well.
Botanical Name : Artemisia Alba
CAS# : 68991-20-8
Color & Odor : Dark yellow liquid & Strong Thuyjanic
F.E.M.A. # : 3116
Methods of Extraction : Steam Distillation
Constituents : Thujone
Solubility : Soluble in 2 volumes of 70% ethyl alcohol
Specific Gravity : 0.890-0.933
Flash Point : 215 °F
Optical Rotation : -15
Major Constituents : Thujone