Scientifically known as Amyris Balsamifera, Amyris is a tree Rutaceae Botanical family. when matured, its flowers turned into edible black- bluish fruit. It grows 60 feet in height and bark of the tree is the greatest source of essential oil.
Overview of Amyris essential oil:
Made from outer layer of bark, Amyris essential oil is prepared via steam distillation method. The oil has balsamic and intense aroma widely used for perfumery. It is constituted with antiseptic, sedative, decongestant and emollient properties which help in soothing mind and nervous system.
Benefits of Amyris Essential Oil:
• It helps in increasing concentration and thus is used by musicians, artists and writers.
• Amyris essential oil has balsamic and immense aroma which makes it vital to be used in perfumes.
• Due to its several skin benefits, it is used in many skin treatment cosmetics and medicines.
• It can be applied on minor cuts, burn and rashes to increase the healing process.
• The oil is used in aromatherapy to sooth down the nervous system thus helps in relieving depression, anxiety and stress.
Blends well with:
Amyris essential oil blends well with Amber, Rose,Jasmine and other woods.
There are no proven side effects of Amyris Essential Oil yet which makes it reliable to be used by pregnant and lactating women. However, individual with sensitive skin might experience rashes, inflammation and other skin allergies on its use, thus medical advice is compulsory.
allergies on its use, thus medical advice is compulsory.
Botanical Name : Amyris Balsamifera
CAS# : 8015-65-4
Color & Odor : Colorless yellow liquid
F.E.M.A. # : 2018
Methods of Extraction : Steam Distillation
Constituents : Valerianol, ß-eudesmol
Solubility : Insoluble in water
Specific Gravity : 0.950-0.970
Flash Point : 220 °F
Optical Rotation : 38.27
Major Constituents : Valerianol, ß-eudesmol